Thursday, March 27, 2008

Let the Pillows LOOSE: World Pillowfight Day March 22nd



Last year I touted World Water Day. Hijacked a great piece of writing by George Saunders to illustrate the point... And the Museum of Natural History is doing a family-oriented presentation on World Water Day. Bring the Kids- I won't be there because I will be at Union Square at the International Pillowfight Day at Union Square.

I have been waiting for weeks- Sadly I have a foam pillow- my costume will be a really heavy winter coat (it has gotten REALLY chilly here all of a sudden- thanks for nothing vernal equinox) and a helmet if I can find one as it seems that shorter people tend to get bashed in the head a lot.In a downward motion. I may create a sideline in selling pairs of Advil... more on this later.

For more info go to: http://www.pillowfightday.com/

:P X


And now for the "more later"



Over the weekend I went to the big pillow fight at Union Square (


The rules promised if you didn’t have a pillow and/or were wearing glasses you wouldn’t get hit.



No one read the rules.



I was standing in the MIDDLE of Union Square when the melee (or fracas- you choose) began.



About 30 seconds before a little voice in my head said “oh shit”.



I got the tar kicked out of me and covered in feathers besides.























No comments: