Monday, March 23, 2009

Found: A Simple soulution



Yes I spelled that correctly.

I have read many cliches aboout happiness- about it being a destination. Or a choice. Or that you have to work at it. However. The tomato guy pictured above (though plastic) is happy whenever the lights are on or the sun shines (solar powered) and shows it not by jigging a dance or shouting but by swaying its little bobble head gently from side to side.

I saw it in toy store in Chinatown on the way to dinner with VLH and friends and picked it up- asked the price and thebn walked with it for a few minutes and set it back on the shelf. H picked it up and placed it on the checkout counter- maybe *I* can't buy happiness but when it is given to me, I can say "Thank you."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, so happiness can't be bought for oneself, but easily received as a gift from another? Without getting too deep (like there's a real risk there), I think the last line of your blog really sums it up. If someone presents us with a gift, we always have two options; We can reject the gift because we don't "deserve" it, or we can thank the benefactor, and accept the gift for what it is. Then, we can go home, sit in the sun, and sway in light!

Melanie said...

Hmmm...received may be easy, acceptance is something else. For now, I just want to sit and let my head sway in the sun!

Thanks for stopping by Scott!