Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Spring Walk







I want to walk the Great Wall in China with you.
I want to discuss if they call it Chinese food, too, with you
I want to say nothing
and have you understand
every word I never said
words I never spoke
and I know you hear
every word in my head
To be
Forever, and one day more
To be
together yet separate for
To be
with no secrets, so similar
To be
To be
I want to walk the Brooklyn Bridge with you
and ask if where you live it's like this too
To be
With thousands of people, I'm standing alone
Big crowded city but I'm known by one
To be
Everything you are and still wish to be
Like you
Utterly connected and totally free
To be
The one you never question, or answer
or see
To be
To be

I walk along another summer's beach alone
I can't understand why I'm so smart and can't know
the reasons I'm here and you're there
reasons for separateness we don't seem to share
why China and Brooklyn and New Zealand too
have to be walked alone when in the world there's me
there's you
why it's not to be
the one thing we don't say
or be
so it's just you
just me
and the one thing I know
is it's not ever
to be



No comments: