Friday, August 24, 2007

The Goodbye Girl




As I'd mentioned the days have been packed with a free meal every 3 hours or so, whether I need to eat or not. Thursday morning found me at the Time Warner Center for a beautiful bon voyage breakfast




Jen's necklace

When I arrived at the office I pulled a few things together but mostly spent time packing up my stuff and sniffling (dust, you know). Judy called me into the lunchroom for a quick meeting and...



Surprise- Goodbye Party.



Rendering me speechless would normally require a blow to the head- in this case... the amount of care and time taken from family and home to pull this together for ME... I have written about what it means to me to cook for someone- I do not even have words for how I feel when someone cooks for me. But I couldn't speak. Except to say "Thank you" quietly. It was pretty much all I could do.





My plate- Tortilla pie by Velia, Rice and Peas by Judy, Guacamole by Vanessa, and Curried Goat by Hedley- Yummy but anonymous Potato Salad, I ate twice trying to figure out who made it- may have to try once more...



Me with Neff and Nancy- our spirits buoyed by a load of carbs.


And I walked downtown after work, meeting Gab at Amy's Bread, when I saw this..


And all I could think was- it ends... and it's also just beginning.... and it's gonna be a heck of a ride!

:)X

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a shame - they missed the leek salad...

-- k (with a buss for gab)