Sunday, September 30, 2007

Chili Pepper Fiesta

The Chili Pepper Fiesta at the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens www.bbg.org is a never miss for me each year. It's not that I like spicy food- I like to taste the things I am eating, thank you very much. And its not the great music- though I love a festival that chooses music from cultures with spicy cuisines so reggae and Korean drumming and Indian sitar and zydeco swing are the offerings of the day- that is MY kind of flavor! It is that this a last gasp of summer and the crowning glory of fall. I know many people who dislike the fall- with things browning and falling away. Not me. Fall reminds me of what Sei Shonagon said in her Pillow Book about a lover- it is not the words and gentle whispers in the moment- but the manner of his departure that tells the nature of a man, who he truly is and how he feels. Thank you Chris, Fred and Michael for accompanying me on this beautiful day...










:)X

No comments: