Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Lights, Cameras...The Box?

No use permitting
Some prophet of doom
To wipe every smile away.
Come hear the music play.
Life is a Cabaret, old chum,
Come to the Cabaret!


If I need to explain where this lyric came from- you happened onto this blog by mistake... have a nice day, old chum.


So if I had a moment to be concerned that tomorrow is my SECOND road test, the universe said "PSHAW- Life is a Cabaret, old chum... " So I went to see... a Cabaret.

In a private event hosted by one of my new company's premiere brands I was delivered- a 21st century- honest to gosh- is that girl naked- burlesque in the form of The Box NYC (www.theboxnyc.com) hosted by Cirque Du Soleil star MC Raven O. The show featured himself- Mr. O... The Hammerstein Beauties- a slender chanteuse whose slim frame hid a lovely contralto voice much too big for her slender satin-draped frame- several near-naked dancing girls- a tapper and his percussionist and more naked girls (because everyone seems to be ok with naked girls in ANY quantity) and a hip-hop Harlem based dance crew, the fantastic James Gang. Add unlimited yummy sushi and sake/chambord signature cocktails and if I did not forget about the road test- I can say in all honesty I was SERIOUSLY distracted. Now- instead of doing your work- you can be too....


The pre-party gussied up atrium


The Hammerstein Beauties and Raven O


Underground Tap


The singer


The JAMES gang




Naked


More Naked


And Finally-Finale Naked- You will not be surprised they had NO difficulty getting applause at THIS ending...

Put down the knitting, the book and the broom... Heck, I can't knit for beans anyway. :)X

1 comment:

John Eaton said...

Oh, Mel, this looks like big fun for sure.